-
March 17th, 2004, 09:38 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I have cleaned some pretty fragial clothes although I have never done American Girl but I am guessing it will be the same get a large bowl. Rember silky outfits like Samantha's christmas dress or velvet like Molly's Chirtmas dress I wouldn't chance this since it most likley will ruin it. But otherwise get large bowl a salad one works the best and a salad spinner (a bowl thing that you use to spin salad dry.)I got one for a wedding and my delicite doll clothes have never been better. Fill the salad bowl with cool water a small one third cup of laundrey detergent I personly use Tide and if it is white you might want to put a drop of color fast detergent in or use Tide with color fast. I have not had a problem yet but you never know. Mix it together good and drop the outfit in (do one outfit at a time to avoid serious mishaps.) Let it soak overnight and then throw it in the salad spinner and give a good drying then lay it out flat to dry and if you want iron out any wrinkles. Use the iron's lowist setting. For just a spot just pour cool water over the spot and then put small drop of detergent on it rub in it like you would do to get spots out of your own clothing and then rinse it out and repete if nessicary. One word to the wise any risk is envoloved when cleaning doll clothing espcally when it is really delicite like AG clothing so don't do it unless you really need to.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks